As fitness professionals the health and happiness of our clients has always been of great importance, but since the pandemic it is imperative that we do our best to keep you, and ourselves, as healthy as can be.
We have put together below some guidance that we ask everyone to follow when at the studio, and give details on the protocols we’re putting in place.
Coming to the studio:
- Please do not come to the studio if you show any signs of illness, particularly:
- Dry cough
- Extreme fatigue
- There are two doors to the studio, both should be open but if you see a class in progress please use the other door. We ask that you come straight in to avoid any queuing on the pavement.
- There is hand spray for you to use on entering the studio.
- We will be wiping down the door handles and other frequently used touch points as people enter and exit.
- Walk straight through to the kitchen to deposit shoes and bags.
- You are currently not required to wear a mask while doing Pilates, if this guidance changes we will let you know.
- All apparatus will be cleaned before and after each session and no two people will use the same piece of equipment during the session.
- Your teacher may or may not be wearing a visor during the class.
- Pilates teachers need to be able to come near you and touch to make corrections. While we will be ensuring we do this in the safest way possible, if you’re not comfortable with tactile corrections please let us know.
Leaving the studio:
- When you have finished your class please head back to the kitchen.
- You can then collect your belongings and exit through the other door.
- The classes are staggered to ensure us enough cleaning time and staggered arrival times.
- The windows and doors will be open with a fan on to maintain airflow.
- An air purifier will be to aid in clean air.
- All touch points will be wiped frequently and there will be spray and clothes for you to use.
- If you would like water from the kitchen there are cups you can use, please just wash your hands before using the jug or kettle.
- The lights and warm water taps in the toilets are motion-sensor to avoid touch.
If you do have any concerns about health and safety at the studio please talk to us. This is a big learning curve for staff and clients so we appreciate your help in getting it right.