Full Pilates System
In a studio environment you get to experience the full Pilates system, just as Joseph Pilates designed it. You’ll start to learn the reformer, mat, tower, chair and many other pieces of apparatus.
Group classes are no bigger than 6 people per class so you’ll get plenty of individual attention from your teacher, while still being able to become self-sufficient at the exercises.
What happens at the studio?
Studio group classes are suitable for everybody, but if you’re brand new to Pilates, or to the apparatus, we ask that you do 3 semi-private* sessions with us first.
In a studio class you will do:
20 minutes mat or reformer
20 minutes mat or reformer
10 minutes other apparatus
5 minutes ending exercises
What’s fun about these classes is that while you are being supervised and supported, you’re given the freedom to learn at your pace in a relaxed group environment. There is no pressure to do the same as anyone else in the class, you very much get to run your own race.
There are so many exercises on the mat, reformer and other apparatus that there’s always something new to learn to help strengthen the connections in your body.
*During the 3 semi-private sessions you’ll learn the fundamentals of Pilates that you can then take into a group class. You’ll still be in the studio with other people but you’ll have a teacher to yourself.
There is also the opportunity to continue semi-private sessions after your three introductory sessions – please see our pricing page for more information.
4:1 Group Class Timetable
Monday: 09:30, 10:45, 12:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00
Tuesday: 08:00, 09:30, 10:45, 12:00, 17:00, 17:15 18:15, 19:30
Wednesday: 08:00, 09:15, 09:30, 10:45, 19:10
Thursday: 09:30, 10:45, 19:10
Keeping you healthy
Due to the spread of Covid-19 we have taken certain precautions in our studio.
Coming to the studio:
- Enter throught he door on the right, press the doorbell if the door is not open.
- There will be hand spray for you to use on entering the studio.
- You can then walk straight through to the kitchen to deposit shoes and bags.
- There will be a clockwise route around the studio and you’ll be told which room you’ll be in.
- Our mats and apparatus are spaced apart and we’ll coordinate you moving around the studio.
- All apparatus will be cleaned before and after each session and no two people will use the same piece of equipment during the session.
- Pilates teachers need to be able to come near you and touch to make corrections. While we will be ensuring we do this in the safest way possible, if you’re not comfortable with tactile corrections please let us know.
- The classes are staggered to ensure us enough cleaning time and staggered arrival times.
- The windows and doors will be open with a fan on to maintain airflow.
- An air purifier will be on to aid in clean air.