Using Zoom to do Pilates is nice and simple, and doesn’t mean you have to do it really fast. But as some of you have issued wails of despair at having to use technology we’ve put together our own step-by-step guide.
The evening before your class you’ll receive an email with the link to you Zoom class. Don’t click it then! Wait until about 5 minutes before your class.
When you click the link you’ll be taken to this page. Please click “Open Zoom”
You’ll then see this box. Please click “Join with Computer Audio”
Give it a second to load your video and connect your audio.
Once you’re in please select ‘gallery view’ in the top right corner. This will allow you to see everyone. If you’d prefer to see us, or yourself in a larger screen, select ‘speaker view’ then click the ellipses and click ‘pin video’ on whichever you prefer – please note you can’t do this on an ipad.
Some things that might also happen
- Once you’ve clicked the link you might see a yellow box that asks to accept cookies. Once you’ve accepted the cookies you may need to click “click here” in this box in order to get Zoom to open.
- The Zoom window with the class in might open in a separate window to your browser. If nothing seems to be happening just minimise your browser window to check there isn’t another window open with the rest of the class in looking expectantly at you.
- It is worth remembering that people already in the Zoom class can probably see and hear you before you can see and hear them. Therefore try and control language and general irritation with the technology.
- Your camera doesn’t work. You can see us but we can’t see you, or you can’t see us either. Leave the meeting and try joining again. It might be a blip or that you missed a permission box saying Zoom could use your camera.
- You can’t hear anyone. Check you haven’t got us on mute and that your device’s volume is turned up.
- Audio keeps breaking up. Try and set up your mat somewhere you have a good internet connection and isn’t near other speakers/microphones to create interference.
If you have any other issues please text us. Or even better, run around and find someone who knows something about technology and get them to help you 🙂